Saturday 27 March 2010

blast from the past...

Do you know the feeling when you have a song stuck in your head & just cant get it out? Well, I've had my fair share of absolutely ridiculous numbers playing on and on for days together in my mind, so much that every time I open my mouth to hum a song, I subconsciously sing that same irritating tune!

The last few days, I've been humming this song we wrote in the 7th standard! I have no idea how it found its way back to my conscious mind. Here is how it goes (Yes! I actually remember the lyrics from a song written for a school play over 13 years ago - though I cant go grocery shopping without a list!):

Trees, the beautiful trees,
they give us all that we shall need,
wood for furniture,
fruit for our dessert,
leaves for medicine,
& yet we're hard to please,
we cut them down without mercy,
as pretty as we please,
oh! what a beautiful world,
ours would have been,
if only each of us,
plant a tree within!

Maybe it's because of the Earth Hour this evening...

1 comment: